Self-care is important. With approximately 1 in 5 people in Canada personally experiencing a mental health problem or illness in any given year, we need to take care of ourselves. The world is busier than ever, with many more distractions then in the past. While this is a huge benefit, it can also feel overwhelming at times. Have you felt this way? I know I have! With a new house, a full-time job and a side business, I know I haven’t been meeting my personal needs as well as I should.
When you take the time to be the best you, you have the resources to be a better parent, a better partner and a better community member. When we go through different stages in our lives, our priorities shift and change and it can be incredibly tempting to put ourselves last. This is where style fits in. It’s an incredible tool in your toolbox that can help you feel confident each and every day.
In the video below, we dig a little deeper into why self-care is so important and how style fits into that model.
As an action this week, I challenge you to find something that you love and helps you feel good. What gets you into alignment? Book that appointment, read that book, do that activity and let us know below what worked for you!
A few of my favourite things:
- Wearing clothes that I love and showcasing my style personality
- Listening to podcasts like The Lively Show
- Reading books like Unplug: A Simple Guide to Meditation for Busy Skeptics and Modern Soul Seekers, The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well and The Happiness Project
- Drinking Earl Grey Tea
- Watching uplifting shows like The Gilmore Girls
- Meditating using apps like Buddify
- Walking the dog
- Writing or journalling
- Looking at vintage clothes
- Listening to Colbie Caillat music